Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T Teacher #3 Summary

Teacher's Blog

stem

The teacher's blog that I commented on is Scott Mcleod. Scott Mcleod is a huge supporter and teacher of STEM learning. The first comment I left was on a video that introduced STEM learning. The video was very short but explained well what STEM is. I left a comment saying that the video was a great way to grab a viewer's attention and to introduce viewers to STEM. Before viewing this video, I have never heard of STEM. I learned that STEM is an acronym for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The second blog post that I commented on compared learning to a carnival. The blog post is titled, "we shouldn't be carnies". Mcleod says that carnivals are fun, but only last a short while. Then he explains that learning tends to be only fun sometimes, when it should be engaging all the time. I commented on his post agreeing with him, but I also expressed that keeping students engaged seems like it will be one of my toughest challenges when I become an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment