Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?



Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" is truly inspiring. This lecture highlights the importance of having childhood dreams. I find it important to have your own personal dreams. Without dreams, many things would not exist today. Randy also found it important to be inspiring to others. It is very obvious that many people were inspired by Randy Pausch. Through his career he touched many lives and helped others achieve their dreams. One of my favorite things I gained from this lecture was when Pausch mentions that "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." This lecture helped me have an overall more optimistic outlook on life. Pausch stressed that we should always look for the best in others and that we can not achieve things in life alone. Helping others is what we should live for, according to Pausch. We should always cherish the feedback we receive from others. Pausch believes that we are in trouble when others stop critiquing us because that shows they no longer care. Do not complain, just work harder, stresses Pausch. I am a firm believer in karma just as Pausch is. At the end of the lecture, Pausch states "Lead your life the right way, karma will finish it." I love that statement. Lastly, Pausch says the most importnat thing about learning is to never stop having fun. Basically, everything mentioned in this video can be applied to anything in life. All of our lives we are constantly learning and we should never take for granted the opportunities to learn. I hope teaching others will bring as much joy to my life as it did to Randy Pausch's life.

2 comments:

  1. Good, but I feel like you could have written a bit more. You did not include a working link. Also, your picture does not have alt and title modifiers. Please fix this.

    I think watching this video was one of my favorite assignments when I took the class. I learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading your post :). I loved Randy's lecture. He is just so inspiring. I can't belive he did so many fascinating things in his life time. I agree with what you said about criticism.

    ReplyDelete