Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blog Post #7

How Do We All Become Learners? 


i am still learning




I find it substantial that everyone should be open to always learning. The video about generating audio QR codes introduced me to a new concept that I can use in the future when I start teaching. After watching these videos, I have gained a broader respect for technology in the classroom. Watching these young students create videos and using the same technology as me is mind blowing. Many of these ideas an be used in the elementary school setting, but as a secondary education major I am sure I can find ways to incorporate PBL into the classrooms as well using technology. I think using voice recordings to read books will benefit students. I plan on teaching English, so my class will be doing a great deal of reading. Maybe I could use the audio recordings as a way for students to actually read and they can go back and listen to what they have read. Using technological devices can create an exciting environment for students of all ages.

As a teacher, I believe it will be my responsibility to incorporate PBL into my classroom in a way that will benefit my students. Preparing myself to teach PBL will be a fun, but challenging endeavor.

Strengths: Knowing the material
                 Generating a "plan"
                 Having knowledge about technology
                 Open to new ideas


Weaknesses: Worrying about students' judgements
                      Creativity
                      Relating learning to students

To prepare myself to teach PBL I have to undermine the fear of my students not liking my ideas for PBL. I want to strive for full engagement, so I have to generate projects that my students can relate to. If students are actually interested in what they are learning, I believe the experience will be more enjoyable for the students and also the teacher.
                   
               



2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! You have wonderful ideas on how to incorporate the audio technology in your classroom, as well as PBL. Many of the things we have been given do apply to lower ages of education so I certainly commend you on such great work as a secondary education major. I also share a weakness in creativity and worrying about students' judgments, it's a struggle. Best of luck!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the video on QR codes the only one you watched? If not, you should provide some commentary on each video.

    ReplyDelete